A multi-disciplinary research team at Y-RISE led by Professor Mushfiq Mobarak is conducting high-frequency phone-based surveys and running experimental and non-experimental evaluations to support policymakers in Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone develop evidence-based policy responses to contain the COVID-19 crisis. In the coming months, several research outputs will be published with the intent of guiding policy makers to devise effective response strategies. Y-RISE is seeking a summer intern to support Y-RISE’s policy outreach activities in light of this work.
The intern will be expected to:
- Update Y-RISE website with new content and data
- Keep track of media mentions
- Design policy briefs
- Reach out to policymakers, journalists, and other academics to keep them updated on Y-RISE work
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing webinars and other events
- Suitable candidates will have experience with graphic design and web support.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, WordPress etc.
- Knowledge of international development, economics, global health preferred
- Data visualization skills preferred.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.